For those talented musicians interested in refining their skills to prepare for careers as performing musicians, Mansfield University's Bachelor of Music with Concentration in Music Performance is a great match.
- Offered in Piano, Voice, Guitar, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Saxophone, Violin, Viola, Cello, String Bass, Trumpet, Euphonium, Trombone, French Horn, Tuba, and Percussion.
- This program focuses on the development of the student's technique and artistry, ensemble dynamics, knowledge of repertoire, and practical pedagogical techniques.
- Take advantage of the many performance opportunities available to you. Our ensembles tour annually, frequently going throughout the US and abroad. Our students regularly perform solo engagements throughout Pennsylvania, New York, and all around the Northeast.
- Work with accomplished musicians and teachers - Mansfield University Music faculty are known throughout the region, the country, and the world.
- Take advantage of Mansfield University's cutting-edge recording equipment to create audition CDs.
Students who choose this degree should be fully aware of the professional commitment they are making to the art of music. They should expect to continue their studies at the graduate level and to spend their lives in the constant pursuit of excellence through disciplined practice, study, and performance.
Students may be admitted to the program either at the time of their audition or may arrange an audition after beginning their studies at Mansfield University.
Recent graduates have been accepted at the following graduate schools:
Eastman School of Music
Harte School of Music
Ball State University
University of Kansas
San Francisco Conservatory
Ohio State University
Penn State University
University of South Carolina
U Mass Amherst
University of Buffalo
Montclaire State University
Interested in Learning More? For questions please email us.
Click here for an advising sheet for this program.